Lesson Design and Assessment for Learning
This workshop focuses on how we as teachers can ensure learning in our classroom. We use the research of Madeline Hunter into Mastery Teaching and combine this with the work of Dylan Black on Assessment for Learning.
Madeline Hunter’s work focuses on seven main components of effective lesson design:
- Anticipatory Set or Mental Set
- Sharing the Objective and Purpose
- Input/Information to be learned
- Checking for Understanding
- Practice – Guided and Independent